Callahan Property Group Ltd. is an industry leader in commercial, industrial, retail, office, and property leasing; including residential and build to suit opportunities throughout the Okanagan Valley and British Columbia. At Callahan, we pride ourselves on our passion for building strong relationships, which we believe is crucial to success.
Are you a skilled and driven individual with an interest in working at Callahan Property Group? We invite you to send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Senior Design Manager
Callahan Property Group Ltd., one of Kelowna’s largest property developers and managers, is seeking to hire a Senior Design Manager to work closely with project management, construction management and leasing to provide architectural design services and solutions on a variety of construction projects. Our practice is diverse and as such the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of planning approaches including strategy, design, process approvals, and facilitation to name a few. The successful candidate will be “hands-on”, managing design schemes.
Projects are focused on renovations and new builds, and involvement would be from concept to completion through a variety of design, management, documentation and administration tasks.
- Work with design team to establish project requirements and develop design options
- Develop architectural designs and drawings from preliminary ideas, concepts and sketches
- Participate in project definition, assessing the needs of clients and users, and support finalizing the project design package
- Create and present design solutions using corporate standards and client’s specifications
- Recommend, products, materials and finishes
- Prepare designs and drawings that illustrate and incorporate the company’s design criteria and desired image for commercial and residential renovation projects
- Create and present presentation-quality design materials
- Lead discussions to resolve ambiguities in design requirements and goals
- Attention to detail with focus on balancing quality design with design criteria and cost efficiency
- Act as a resource for all design standard related questions/issues
- Review Design documents
- Prepare dimensional drawings
- Develop and produce parts of the Construction Documents
- Perform area calculations according to specified standards
- Perform site analysis, including survey of existing conditions and field measurements
- Review, plans, specifications and other customer documentation
- Maintain master plans for buildings and space layouts for all locations and update for moves/adds/changes
- Revise and update existing drawings reflecting design changes
- Review CAD drawings received from consultants
- All duties as required relating to CAD database maintenance, etc.
Education, Experience and Abilities Required
- B.S. Degree in Architecture or Senior Design Technologist
- Experienced in AutoCAD, SketchUp, Revit and graphic software
- Minimum of five (5) years of directly related experience in an architecture/engineering/construction project accountability role
- Strong understanding of design and operational standards
- Strong working knowledge of architectural design, documentation, detailing, building materials and codes, construction techniques, as well as building material compatibility and characteristics
- Strong space planning skills
- Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
- Experience in material and finishes specifications
- Working knowledge of interior design principles/ theory and local Building Codes/ City Bylaws
- Excellent client relations, client management and consultation skills
- Proven leadership ability, administrative ability, technical background and project responsibility background
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Keeping key project milestones and variables well documented and on track by managing priorities and effectively communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Stay abreast of new regulations, building code etc.
Interested parties should email their cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.