Callahan Property Group Ltd., one of Okanagan’s largest property developers and managers, is seeking to hire a Resident Manager for one of our Vernon based apartment buildings. Our preference is to hire a couple to balance having one person on site at all times.
About the Role
The position will be responsible for all on-site activities related to managing an apartment building including cleaning, building and property maintenance and tenant relations. The candidate will be a welcoming member of the apartment community and takes pride in their work to create a clean and safe environment.
What You Will Be Responsible For
You will be responsible for all on-site residential management activities in a way that exceeds expectations. Below are some of the finer details of the role:
- Collecting & depositing monthly rent;
- Advertising, showing suites to prospective tenants and processing applications;
- Performing various administrative duties including drafting rental agreements & tenant notices, updating maintenance records and managing tenant files;
- Managing tenant relations & communications;
- Enforcing the Residential Tenancy Act;
- Move-in and move-out procedures;
- Cleaning the interior and exterior of the apartment building and property;
- Maintenance of exterior building including upkeep and landscaping;
- Minor maintenance repairs as well as a focus on preventative maintenance; and
- Other duties as assigned by Property Management.
You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience related to managing a residential apartment property. In addition, you hold a valid & clean driver’s license and have use of a personal vehicle.
Your experience and abilities will include:
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Familiar with the B.C. Residential Tenancy Act (RTA);
- Strong interpersonal & conflict resolution skills;
- Basic computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PDF, Outlook); and
- Basic handyman skills.
The successful candidate is required to live full-time at the residence. Benefits include a salary, a rent-reduced Resident Manager Suite, plus separate manager office and additional income for extra cleaning and handyman work.
The apartment, building & property has a No Pet & No Smoking policy.
How to Join the Team
If you have what it takes for this role, please email your cover letter and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.