The Callahan Property Group Ltd., one of Kelowna’s largest property developers and managers, is seeking a Leasing Manager to join a dynamic and growth-oriented industry leader. This role will report to the President and will be an integral part of the commercial leasing team at our Kelowna office. Find out if these role suits you.
About the Role
The position will be primarily responsible to enhance and create further property value through all aspects of leasing and marketing. This candidate will feel extremely comfortable working in a relationship-focused role, will excel in providing exceptional customer service, has strong negotiating skills and is motivated to achieve results.
The Leasing Manager will manage the marketing team and will seamlessly collaborate with colleagues to achieve common goals.
What You Will Be Responsible For
You will be accountable for all lease renewals and vacancies in our commercial & industrial property portfolio in a way that exceeds client expectations and overall company objectives. Below are some of the finer details of the role:
- Manage sales process from prospecting to close;
- Conducts lease calls, meetings, presentations, and personal tours on properties to prospective tenants;
- Prepare, negotiate and finalize lease proposals, offers to lease and lease agreements;
- Proactively monitor & manage lease expirations and renewals;
- Deliver superior customer service to clients;
- Establish expert knowledge and relevant market intelligence related to local and national tenant activities, real estate trends, & competitor advances;
- Professionally represent our Brand as the face of the Company with our prospective clients, local businesses and associations;
- Oversee marketing activities to ensure meeting lease objectives; and
- Financial Analysis and Reporting.
You are the face of the brand and are positioned to make a significant impact on our business success. In this position you have the opportunity to grow with the organization.
You have a post-secondary education related to real estate or business and have a minimum 5 years of progressive commercial leasing experience demonstrated through measurable results.
Your skills include:
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of the commercial leasing process and formal lease documents;
- Advanced negotiating skills accompanied by excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate across all levels, as well as outside the organization;
- Ability to use good judgment and demonstrate problem solving skills to make decisions;
- Strong financial acumen and deal structuring; and
- Ability to analyze markets and influence marketing strategies that deliver results.
Your qualities include:
- Professional and positive image through demonstrated initiative, personal awareness & professionalism;
- Honesty and exercises integrity and confidentiality in all areas of performance;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who works effectively with colleagues in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goals;
- Highly networked and a strong reputation in the industry where you enjoy building & fostering positive relationships;
- A self-starter with the ability to be proactive, efficient and detail oriented to ensure accurate resources are available for review within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects;
- Strong work ethic who demonstrates accountability and is motivated to achieve results; and
- Strong customer service that addresses tenants needs and fosters a positive experience.
How to Join the Team
If you have what it takes for this role and looking to join a results-oriented team in a dynamic industry, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.