The Callahan Property Group Ltd., one of Okanagan’s largest property developers and managers, is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join a dynamic and growth-oriented industry leader. This role will report to the Corporate Controller and will be an integral part of finance team at our Kelowna office.
About the Role
The Accounting Clerk role performs all tasks related to invoice payment including ensuring suppliers and subcontractors are paid in a timely and accurate manner. In addition to exceptional accounting skills, we require a self-motivated individual with an aptitude for learning and growth.
You will feel extremely comfortable in juggling multiple priorities, while meeting established deadlines. You are motivated to deliver high-quality work and exercise integrity, professionalism and confidentiality in all areas of your work.
You will be accountable for various accounting activities such as:
- Managing purchase orders and obtaining invoice approvals;
- Processing invoices, cheque requests, expense reports, and credit card transactions;
- Processing accurate and timely payments;
- Reconciling vendor accounts and handling inquiries;
- Maintaining AP filing system; and
- Performing month-end cut offs and accruals.
Other responsibilities include:
- Bank reconciliations;
- Government remittances;
- Job costing and inventory tracking;
- Inter-company transactions;
- Account reconciliations;
- Ad hoc reporting; and
- Front reception break coverage.
You have received an accounting certificate through a recognized accounting program and have a minimum of 3 years’ accounts payable or general accounting experience.
Your skills include:
- Solid understanding of accounts payable procedures;
- Solid understanding of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements;
- Strong hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets and accounting software. Spectra experience an asset; and
- Proficient in using technology including experience working in a Microsoft environment (Windows and Office). The ability to learn new computer programs quickly and easily.
Your qualities include:
- Professional and positive image through demonstrated initiative, integrity, personal awareness & exercising confidentiality in all areas of performance;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who works effectively with colleagues in terms of input, sharing of ideas and working to achieve common goals;
- A self-starter with the ability to be proactive, efficient and detail oriented to ensure accurate results;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills with attention to accuracy and detail; and
- Proven ability to problem solve, make decisions and exercise good judgment.
How to Join the Team
If you have what it takes for this role and looking to join a results-oriented team in a dynamic industry, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.